Friday, September 16, 2011

☊ Everything Bon Iver

Bon Iver is an incredible band. For those of you who have yet to hear of them and for those of you who appreciate them as much as I do, this post is for you. Below I've attached three of my favorite songs by Bon Iver. Correction, one is an original, one is a cover, and one is a cover by Bon Iver. You have to listen to all of them to really appreciate how much this band can do and what they can inspire.

The Wolves (Act I & II) is a great song from their album For Emma, Forever Ago.

The Wolves (Acts I and II) by zacktaylorweiss
This cover of Skinny Love (another single from their first album) by Birdy is hauntingly beautiful. I didn't think anybody can compete with Justin Vernon's eerie voice, but she sure comes close.

Skinny Love by OfficialBirdy
Last but no least, is a cover of an old 80's song called Your Love by the Outfield. Simply put, I love it when a cover outdoes the original.
Bon Iver - Your Love (The Outfield Cover) by wtfbtw
As a bonus, here's the video of Bon Iver's first single off their eponymous album, Calgary. They put just as much effort into their videos as they do into their music and it shows. Two thumbs up.