Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Morbid Music Video Monday! Session two

So for this week's Morbid Monday music videos, I decided to scale it from 1- 10 or, in other words, from strange, to disturbed, to downright mental. After watching all these videos I'm almost a 100% sure you'll agree with how I ordered them, so, without further ado, coming in at third and just plain strange, Fatboy Slim's Weapon Of Choice (Strrrrrange).

Vidzone, the uploader of the video, summed this video up perfectly "Not only does this awarding winning video have some of the best samples and lyrics, it also features actor Christopher Walken dancing on ceilings." That's right, ceiling dancing and Christoper Walken. Awesome.




Next up is MGMT's Kids. Everyone knows this song and everyone loves this song, but after first seeing video it almost, kinda killed the song for me. I mean I get that it's supposed to be about neglected children, but how do you make a baby cry that much without actually scaring him for life. And the monsters that chase him? Don't even get me started on them. They look like something out of a bad LSD trip. Anyway, the song's still good, so I'll forgive them their insanity. I hope Nietzsche can forgive them their misquotation.



Finally, Rubber Johnny by Aphex Twin. These guys have a tendency to lean to the morbid and macabre, exhibit A: the music video for Come To Daddy. They're far of the deep end and off any insanity scale. I guess you can make the argument it's art and, fine, I guess you're right, but I totally forgot about this video till this post and I'm pretty sure that was a defense mechanism to bury my traumatized memory of this video.
Just watch it, you'll see..

No comments:

Post a Comment